Social Science Glossary
Social Science
My name is Maélie. I've been in this program Science Social for almost 2 years, and it's my last semester. This glossary will help to understand the meaning of currently word that it's using in Science Social.
- Socialization
- noun
- It is a process were the individual internalizes the norms, values, manners or even beliefs of his society.
- Example: Although mostly recognised as equal under the law, women everywhere suffer continuing injustices and inequalities as a result of tradition and SOCIALIZATION.
- fr: Socialisation
- Social norm
- noun
- It's some rules of the society, that aren't writing. It defines the acceptable way to behave in society.
- Example: Holding the door for someone is a social norm.
- fr: Norme sociale
- Culture
- Noun
- The way of acting, thinking, being, beliefs and values that belongs to a group.
- Example: Culture influences individuals.
- fr: Culture
- Value
- Noun
- What is important to someone.
- Example: Love, friendship, respect, and honesty are all values.
- fr: Valeur
- Identity
- Noun
- Characteristic specific to an individual.
- Example: I love painting; it's part of my identity.
- fr: Identité
- Tradition
- Noun
- Practices and knowledge passed down through generations.
- Example: You have to come to the sugar shack, it's the tradition.
- fr: Tradition
- Opinion
- Noun
- A way of thinking that is unique to a person.
- Example: I know that you're not agree, but it's my opinion.
- fr: Opinion
- Conflict
- Noun
- Dispute between people or groups.
- Example: We were not on the same page, so we had a conflict.
- fr: Conflit
- Exclusion
- Noun
- To set someone or a group aside.
- Example: He didn't like me, so he excluded me.
- fr: Exclusion
- Democracy
- Noun
- Political system were power belongs to the people
- Example: Everyone can express their opinion, It's a democracy.
- fr: Démocratie
- Communication
- Noun
- Exchange of information or thoughts between people or groups.
- Example: You have to talk to me, communication is the key.
- fr: Communication
- Influence
- Noun
- Change someone's mind.
- fr: Influence
- Habit
- Noun
- Regular behavior
- Example: I make my bed every morning, It's a habit.
- fr: Habitude
- Religion
- Noun
- A set of spiritual beliefs in a group.
- Example: Every Sunday I go to church, it's part of my religion.
- fr: Religion
- Law
- Noun
- Written legal rule
- Example: I am arresting you, is the law.
- fr: Loi
- Diversity
- Noun
- Difference in a group.
- Example: Yes, I am Catholic, It's make diversity in the group.
- fr: Diversité
- Social status
- Noun
- The place a person has in society.
- Example: A person's profession often influences their social status.
- fr: statut social
- Social role
- Noun
- Society expects behavior based on what you do.
- Example: Of course I will help you, It's my role, I am your teacher.
- fr: Rôle social
- Citizen
- Noun
- A person who lives in a country and has rights.
- Example: I have to pay my taxes, I am a citizen.
- fr: Citoyen
- objective
- Noun
- To form an opinion apart from our own mind, beliefs, or criticisms.
- Example: You can't say that you don't like it, It's not objective.
- fr: Objectif
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire